|6/22/18-6/24/18||8U||$250 per team||Coach Pitch||
|8U Baseball (June 22 Tournament)|
|Southern Ohio Stix – Jackson, OH|
|Olentangy Thunder Elite – Columbus, OH|
|Athens Green - Athens, OH|
|Athens Gold - Athens, OH|
|Vienna Allstars* - Vienna, WV|
|Belpre Eagles 8U Allstars – Belpre, OH|
|WV Knuckleheads – Winfield, WV|
|Central Ohio Cyclones 8U – Lancaster, OH|
Complete these Baseball Registration Forms (Adobe Acrobat Required)
Write a SEPARATE check for EACH team fee even in the teams are in the same division. It goes directly to that tournament director to be tracked. You can mail them all at once. It helps tracking teams when we have 10-15 tournaments going on. Thanks!
Do not combine multiple registration fees into one check when bringing more than one team. Make checks payable to "ATHENS SANDLOT". NO CASH will be accepted for fees
Mail Registration with payment to:
Athens Sandlot Baseball c/o Todd Zorn
74 W. Union Ave
Athens, OH 45701
Upon arrival drop off your Release and Roster at the concession stand prior to start of your first game. Failure to do so can result in delay of game, forfeiture of game, or other sanction.
- Friday through Sunday Tournaments (Teams From Far Away Teams typically start Saturday)
- Map of Athens Sandlot Fields
- Concessions, playground, restrooms, bike path, porta-johns, golf driving range,
- City pool (off site) 701 E. State Street, Athens, OH
- Divisions, dates and fees listed below
- No rain dates (another weekend) or tournament fee refunds once tournament begins (schedule will be modified if rain)
- No refunds of fee 30 days or closer to the tournament date
- Teams bring 4 new game balls for baseball
- Limited spots available.
- No spots held based on promise to pay. Everyone says they are coming. Then right before we begin teams that said they were coming cancel and we've turned other teams away because we've held their spot. It also creats havoc with making the schedule.
- We can only take so many teams. So its only fair to reserve spots for teams that actually pay. If we don't have enough teams to play then we will refund your fee. If teams register early enough we can get their names on T-shirts.
- We usually schedule teams that are travelling more than 2.5 hours to start play on Saturday.
- If we get rain all coaches are asked to report to the tournament director to keep updated for the modified scheuled and to help with getting the fields ready for play. All torunaments are not on the same weekend so we only have limited help for each tournament. If you want to play on time we will need your help getting water off the field and raking it out.
TOURNAMENT FORMAT (Subject to Change)
- 4 coach maximum allowed in dugout.
- Teams must check in 1 hr. before game time at the main concession stand. Teams not available at start time will forfeit.
- Player age as of April 30th this year determines age division.
- These rules are listed to address questions we receive. Tournament Director determines additional rules and replacement rules to the rules posted here, and is ultimately responsible for interpretation of rules if asked. Postings here do not overule game site determinations.
- No rain dates but full refund if tournament is cancelled before it begins (but no refund if cut short due to weather).
- No refunds 30 days or closer to the tournament date
- Games are 1 hr. 45 minutes or 6 innings whichever occurs first. No new inning can be started after 1.5 hours unless there is a tie. Ties will go in to extra inning(s) to determine winner.
- Coin toss to determine home team.
- 4 game minimum.
- Little League rules, with modifications - see below for changes.
- 4 game minimum (3 pool and at least 1 Bracket)
- One umpire per game for pool games, 2 umpires for elimination games.
- Pitching circle - pitcher must have one foot inside - only overhand throws.
- No bunting
- Teams provide 4 game balls
- Each batter will receive up to 5 pitches or 3 strikes. A foul ball on the fifth pitch will result in additional pitches being given until the batter misses or doesn't swing at the pitch.
- Run Rule: For innings 1-5 there is a "6" run limit per inning per team. No player may bat after 6 runs have scored in an inning. After the 6th run has scored, the ball will be called dead by the umpire, and the inning is over. EXCEPTION: If a batter hits a ball that travels over the outfield fence for a home run, then all runners on base when the ball was hit will be counted as runs scored when they cross home plate, even if it exceeds 6 runs. EXAMPLE: The batting team has scored 5 runs in the inning and has 3 runners on base. The next batter hits a ball over the fence. The batter is credited with a home run and all 4 of his runs batted in are counted. Thus, in this example the batting team would have scored 9 runs in that inning. In inning 6 each team may bat through their lineup once or until 3 outs are recorded, whichever occurs first.
- Mercy Rule - 15 Run lead after 4 innings, 10 runs after 5 innings
- No drop third strike
- Infield fly rule NOT in effect
- No leading or stealing
- Limit of advancing one base on an overthrow. There is only one overthrow per at bat. An overthrow is defined as a ball that is not caught by the intended fielder. Runners advance at their own risk and can be put out.
- Slide or Avoid Rule: On any play the runner must slide or otherwise avoid contact with the defensive player. Any collisions will result in the runner being called out and the ball will be dead.
- Runners must slide feet first when going into a base. Runners may slide head first when returning to a base
- The following tie-breaker system will be used: Won/Lost Winning percentage; Head to head; Least runs allowed in first 3 innings of games; Most runs scored in the first 3 innings of games; Coin toss
- For ages 7-12, a bat shall not be more than thirty-three (33) inches in length nor more than two and one-quarter (2¼) inches in diameter. Non-wood bats shall be labeled with a BPF (bat performance factor) of 1.15 or less. Nothing lighter than -12.
- Effective immediately - Marucci CAT5 Squared 34-inch length and Marucci Black 33-inch length and 34-inch length are not approved bats for play.
- NOTE THAT BBCOR BATS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED AFTER 2017. BBCOR BATS WILL BE BANNED BEGINNING JANUARY 1, 2018.